Cross Border Estate Planning

Cross Border Estate Planning Video

International  tax planning for the multi-national family includes cross border estate planning . If you are not a U.S.. citizen, then your estate tax is about one half of our assets located in the United States.  The non-citizen's exemption for estate taxes is  only $60,000.

The nonresident alien must pay estate taxes on his or her United States real estate. Foreign investors of shares of any American company including stocks on the New York Stock Exchange, American Stock Exchange, and NASDAQ must pay estate taxes.  The estate tax applies U.S.. property owned by the alien's foreign corporation.  

Using an offshore trust or Nevada Trust are the two best ways to avoid the tax.  The trust must be irrevocable and not subject to amendments. Nevada allows you to be the trust with your private trust company.

Need more information,  then please call me, Brian Dooley CPA, MBT at 949-939-3414 for a free one hour international tax  consultation. 




Entrepreneurs, you could be saving money

Click the button, change the way you look at taxation.

Copyright 2017 by International Tax Counselors   |  Privacy Statement

International Tax Counselors
Brian Dooley, CPA, MBT

[email protected]